There are still FREE places on one of the 2-day courses below:
Course A : Tuesday 2 and Wednesday 3 July 2019 at Alfriston Primary School from 9.00am to 5.00pm each day
Course B : Wednesday 10 and Thursday 11 July 2019 at Beacon Academy Sixth Form Centre, Crowborough from 9.00am to 5.00pm each day.
BOTH days must be attended by the same person. The courses are Mental Health First Aider courses and are suitable for those working with children and young people aged 8-18 years.
The course will give you:
• An in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
• Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
• Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
The courses are fully funded by East Sussex County Council and would normally cost £200 per delegate. Therefore if a place is booked an not taken up, we would have to charge £200 for this.
If you or a colleague are interested and able to attend, pls. contact email@example.com for any further information and to confirm your place.