Microsoft Teams Meetings Guidance
For Internal ESCC staff
Further guidance on MS Teams is available here
For external (non ESCC) staff
If you do not use MS teams in your workplace you can join a Teams meeting anytime, from any device, whether you have a Teams account. If you don't have an account or do not wish to set one up, follow these steps to join as a guest:
- Go to your training confirmation email and click on the ‘Join Microsoft Teams Meeting’ link.
- You’ll be directed to a web page, where you'll see two choices: Download the Windows app and Join on the web instead. If you join on the web, you can use either Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
- Your browser may ask if it's okay for Teams to use your mic and camera. Be sure to allow it so you'll be seen and heard in your meeting.
- Enter your name and choose your audio and video settings. If the meeting room (or another device that's connected to the meeting) is nearby, choose Audio off to avoid disrupting. Select Phone audio if you want to listen to the meeting on your mobile phone.
- When you're ready, hit Join now.
- This will bring you into the meeting lobby. Team will notify the meeting organizer that you're there, and they can then admit you.
- If your training session has breakout rooms, you’ll need to click on the relevant link in your confirmation email when directed by your trainer, then follow these instructions again.
more information can also be found here