Sussex NHS Commissioners are very pleased to offer you free STOP LOOK CARE training online.
The Stop Look Care Project aims to improve the client’s experience of the care they receive by increasing care workers’ confidence in identifying the signs of deterioration in health and wellbeing and taking the appropriate course of action to manage it quickly. Using the Stop Look Care booklet within your home will bring benefits to your clients your staff and the care you provide. As the ‘flu season” is complicated by Covid, the Stop Look Care booklet can provide a foundation for care staff to support residents.
We have changed the training format so we can now deliver Stop Look Care sessions remotely. The training session will be delivered online using Microsoft Teams and it will include an interactive Question & Answer section. Throughout the session the trainer will refer to the Stop Look Care booklet which you will need to have in front of you while you watch the training. We send a link to the booklet in an email with the link to your training session. The training session will last up to 2 hours and are currently held every Thursday from 14:00-16:00.
Some of your staff may have already received Stop Look Care training but we would welcome bookings for any of your staff you judge would benefit from the online session.
To book on to one of the sessions in January or February please click on this Eventbrite link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sussex-ccgs-stop-look-care-training-tickets-128864466087 and choose the session most suitable for you. Please book a space in the name of each person who will be taking part in the training.
If you wish to book this training after February and for any further information, please email the Stop Look Care inbox email@example.com and we can send you a direct TEAMS link. After February we will be training every weekday, so please inform which day will work best for you and your team.
All attendees will receive a certificate alongside a hard copy of the Stop Look Care Booklet
We hope to see you at one of the training sessions.
Working together as Sussex NHS Commissioners
NHS Brighton and Hove CCG | NHS East Sussex CCG | NHS West Sussex CCG
For information and resources on Stop Look Care, please click the following link: https://www.brightonandhoveccg.nhs.uk/your-health/stop-look-care
What is STOP LOOK CARE
Carers need a basic awareness of health related conditions and an understanding of why simple aspects of care and daily living are important in keeping a person at their optimum health.
Stop Look Care covers the fundamentals of health care and supports carers to do the following:
- Understand why different aspects of observation and care are important
- Supports a carer in what to look for and identify change or deterioration
- Identify what actions to take should that happen
The course is a presentation of How to use the booklet
Benefits of STOP LOOK CARE
For you - your clients - your place of work
- Maintaining and improving the health and wellbeing of the people you look after
- Support you in delivering safe care
- Support and develop your knowledge of the fundamentals of health care
- Build your confidence in identifying deterioration in the people you care for
- Use Stop Look Care language to complete documentation and escalate concerns
- Support you in care planning
STOP LOOK CARE training session objectives
- How the Stop Look Care approach and booklet works
- Why different aspects of observation and care are important
- How can Stop Look Care help you spot deterioration
- How to escalate what you are observing using the SBARD tool
- Gain practical experience of using the Stop Look Care booklet and SBARD tool
- What to fill in and complete in your Stop Look Care booklet