Whether your staff member is recruited internally or externally, it’s imperative to give an induction to enable quick integration into the team and make the new staff member feel welcomed. Click the links below to take you to the relevant documentation, the majority of which is housed on Orbis Home.
The Orbis Induction Process
(Consider including additional material. The welcome letter invites the new employee to an informal meeting before the start date. Depending on the response, you will need to set this up to take place in the office or via telephone).
- Next, fill out the Induction Schedule
- Involve the induction buddy and team to create the schedule. E-mail this before the start date or alternatively hand it to the new staff member on their first day
Download the Line Manager’s Preparation checklist
The induction presentation for line managers gives an overview of why and how to use these induction tools.
If necessary, be sure to delegate responsibility for welcoming and inducting a new employee.
The Orbis Geography
Need to visit one of the other partner locations? Looking for the lowdown on travel options, where to sign in, where's good for a coffee? We've got you covered - click the locations below to find out all you need to know.
See also - Orbis Travel Essentials - a cut out and keep guide to all you need need to know about working across the Orbis geography.
Here is some more information on our main site locations:
Lewes - County Hall
County Hall, St Annes Crescent,
Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 1UE
Brighton - Bart's House
Bartholomew Square, Brighton, BN1 1JE
Hove - Hove Town Hall
Ground floor, Hove Town Hall,
Norton Road, BN3 3BQ
Kingston - County Hall
Keeping you and others informed
Communication is something that we strive to get right. There are a number of ways that you can keep informed about what’s going on within Orbis which are listed below.
Orbis Home is the main platform for Orbis communications and functions as our intranet for the partnership. It’s where we house all our documentation (everything from Orbis document templates to information about our organisational vision, values and behaviours). Orbis Home also serves as a shared online space where you can network virtually with your Orbis peers, ask questions via the newsfeed, share successes and give public thanks to your colleagues via the Kudos Wall, participate in discussions and polls, and much more besides. It’s a bit like Facebook for Orbis (without the annoying ads, and fewer pictures of cats).
Orbis Home is also where we publish live news from across the partnership via the News and Updates page, and is home to the popular Orbis blog – a weekly informal update from the members of the Orbis Joint Management Board (or JMB, the top tier of leadership in the partnership).
Your Manager should have arranged access for you as part of your onboarding (look out for an email with a link during your first couple of weeks), but if you haven’t received this, you can email the Orbis inbox to request access.
This is our regular email digest of all the top stories across the partnership, distributed monthly (more or less). Again, you should have been added to the email distribution list as part of your onboarding, but if you suspect you may be missing out, you can request to be added via the relevant IT&D service desk.
Face-to-face staff engagement
In addition to the above, we also arrange a number of face-to-face staff engagement events throughout the year.
- Staff Q&A sessions – led by members of the Orbis Joint Management Board, these events provide an opportunity to hear updates and to ask questions directly of Orbis leaders (twice yearly).
- Lunchtime Staff Engagement Sessions – lively, informal and interactive sessions based around a variety of interesting subjects.
- Walkabouts (ESCC Only) – East Sussex Chief Operating Officer and JMB member Kevin Foster has regular scheduled visits throughout the year to the office floors of each of the Orbis services to chat with staff and answer any questions. Be sure to say hello and introduce yourself as new to the partnership during his next visit to your floor!