Maximising performance is based on a structure of 12:4:2:
- Up to 12 supervision or one to one conversations a year. Usually every four to six weeks.
- 4 quarterly conversations about a particular topic (wellbeing, development, golden thread, reflection).
- 2 team meetings where you appraise the team’s work together and look at your future direction.
The Maximising Performance form will help to frame your conversation each time you meet, and to keep a record of what you have agreed.
You will get the most from each meeting by preparing in advance. It is recommended that you read the Council Plan so you understand how your objectives help to deliver against the East Sussex County Council objectives.
We have lots of resources to help you through the process including forms, videos, and coaching questions line managers can use to open up the conversations. Find them on the following pages:
- Your monthly supervisions
- Quarterly conversations
- Resources for team meetings
- Maximising Performance through 12:4:2 eLearning module
Reminder: Have you updated your annual conflict of interest declaration?
Please remind your team members in your one to one conversations to update their declaration.