Find out how you can gain a work-based qualification at no extra cost to your or your team.
Apprenticeships are now available to people of all levels of skill and experience. So whether you are taking your first steps into employment, or want to undertake development training to grow your career; there is a qualification for you.
For the Council, our Apprenticeship Programme offers the opportunity to ‘grow our own’ workforce, and to recruit and retain motivated people. For existing staff, it means being able to access training and qualifications at no financial cost to you or your team and with no changes to your employment terms and conditions. For new staff joining the Council it is an opportunity to earn money while you learn.
Council employees can find more information for staff and managers about apprenticeship qualifications by visiting our intranet section.
Apprenticeship qualifications fall into three categories:
- Intermediate Apprenticeships: Level 2 Framework/Standard, typically GCSE leaver and often used as a progression tool to Advanced & Higher Apprenticeships.
- Advanced Apprenticeships: Level 3 Framework/Standard, typically recruited to from GCSE & A-Level leavers for more technically advanced frameworks or for experienced staff currently in a role that is relevant to the standard.
- Higher Apprenticeships: Level 4 - 7 Framework/Standard, degree level and above, typically recruited to with an Advanced Apprenticeship as part of the programme or a current member of staff who already holds qualifications or has significant related experience within the field.
You may have read that it is a national requirement for people to spend 20% of their time in training and development activities if you are undertaking a qualification funded through the apprenticeship levy. Please be reassured that we will work with you and your manager to ensure you can meet this requirement without it having a negative impact on your day job.
We already have a wide variety of apprenticeships available at all levels to Council employees. For more information on upcoming apprenticeships please visit our course directory.
Apprenticeships offered by our internal provider, East Sussex Qualification & Assessment Centre (ESQAC), include:
- Team Leader/Supervisor
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Adult Care Worker
Apprenticeships offered by external providers include:
- Associate Project Manager (Level 4)
- Accountancy (Level 3 & 4)
- Data Analyst (Level 4)
- Infrastructure Technician (Level 3)
- Management Degree (Level 6)
If you have any questions about the Council’s apprenticeship programme please contact the Apprentice Team: email@example.com. If you are interested in a qualification that isn’t listed here, please also contact us, as we may be able to procure the training for you.